Well, it’s that time of year again where we take a look back at our lives during the last twelve months.
A year is a long time however as I get older it seems to go by quicker. My mom was right.
This has been my year in review: 2014
In 2013, I left my job after eight years to pursue my dream of becoming a bestselling, full-time writer. I was scared but had been saying every year that “this was the year” and I had never done it. Year after year I watched as my dream kept getting farther and farther away from me.
Yes, I was afraid to leave my job, but I was more afraid of never seeing my dream come true.
So in December 2013, I did it.
In January, I was dedicated to becoming an author.
- WEEDMONKEY became a bestseller on Amazon, stayed on that list for almost a year and is still selling.
- I was ranked in the Top 100 Authors on Amazon Memoirs
- My short story GUARDIAN ANGEL appeared in Woman’s World Magazine.
- Had my second book signing at Turn The Page bookstore in Boonsboro.
- Two articles about me and WEEDMONKEY appeared in The Frederick News Post and The Herald Mail.
- Book DOWN CAME NOVEMBER was released
- I started writing a new column for the newspaper called PEOPLE WORTH KNOWING.
Amazon Kindle http://ow.ly/Av4Oe
- April we lost Jade
- July we lost Harley
- October my cousin Leslie passed away after a long battle with Lupus
I unplugged from five people this year and have not looked back. Although at one time, these people meant something to me and their contributions to my life are not overlooked, I simply outgrew them for one reason or another.
- One was a woman I had known for about 15 years. Too much negativity and drama.
- Another was a woman I was becoming friends with through Toastmasters but in fact, she was only using me to further her own career. User, false friend
- Another was a woman who has been a part of my life since I was 14 years old. She was like a mother to me however instead of being happy for my success in life, she was bitter and jealous. Negativity, envy, drama
- Another was a young man who had also been a part of my life for many years, since he was nine years old. I loved him like a son but could no longer tolerate his drama and chaotic life. I was no longer a part of that world yet I was still trying to help him. Drama, negativity, ungrateful
- Another was an author and although I didn’t know him well, made a major mistake in our friendship when he insulted me after I had done everything to help him. Ungrateful
Once I pull the plug, that friendship dies and like any other death, I accept it and move on.
- Two orphaned baby raccoons came into our life in 2014. We bottle fed them and gave them grapes and cat food. Oh how we loved them! They were sweet, gentle and so loving and I would hold them in my arms like a baby. They would even sit on the woodpile and when I walked by and held out my hands, they would jump into my arms and kiss me. Sadly though, as quickly as they came into our lives, they left. We have no idea what happened to them or why they disappeared but I pray for their safety and return.
- This summer we found a stray cat in the woods, took him in and named him Scottie. We never knew his story but he became a sweet and gentle housecat whom we love very much.
- I met my editor Susan Hughes who edited WEEDMONKEY for me. What a kind, loving and generous woman! I am so glad that we have become friends!
- We also became good friends with Amy and Chris from Ireland whom we met in Florida! While there we also become friends with another couple from Wales, Mill and Asha!
- Steve and I really began to work on the renovations of house and got down to the meat and bones of the structure. The house, my childhood home, was built in 1800 and man, does it need work.
- However I am grateful for the work that is being done, the new ideas being put into play and the love that Steve has given to this house that means so much to me.
- October … Steve and I went to Florida and visited Universal Studios, Hollywood Studios, Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Harry Potter World and had a blast! It was the best vacation ever!
- December … We went to New York City and made a dream come true for me! I got to eat pizza in Brooklyn and man oh man was it good! What a blast we had that day!
Although I hate that term, it seems to fit when someone wants to do something in their life before they “kick they bucket” as they say.
- Went to go to Hogwarts
- Went to go to New York City, ate pizza in Brooklyn and went to a corner bakery in Brooklyn
We have more adventures planned for 2015 so stay tuned!
Thanks to everyone for their continued friendship and support! It means so much to me! ♥♥♥
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!